The hotel is situated next to a biking route at the northern beginning of the Gastein Valley. The place is fine as starting point for biking, hiking, skiing and collecting mushrooms. Actually I had a delicious mushroom dish while staying at the hotel.
My three top impressions of the hotel
- It is situated next to a biking route. So it is ideal for having a break or even staying a night there
- Two sights of Dorfgastein are near the hotel: Klammstein Castle and a cave
- The hotel is a good base for hiking, biking and collecting mushrooms
I used my stay at that hotel for a hiking tour in the northern part of the Gastein Valley. So I visited Klammstein Castle and walked along a fairy tale path. An interesting experience was also a walk through a tunnel nearby which is built for bikes and pedestrians only.
- Tunnel for bikes and pedestrians (Blog entry)
- Burg Klammstein (Blog entry)
- Needle soup (Blog entry)
Disclosure: This trip was supported by 50plus Hotels Österreich and Hotel Klammstein